10 June 2013

moving to Ireland!

Howth cliff walk

I haven't updated recently because I've been rather busy - not only did I find out that I've been accepted to do my PhD in Irish literature at University College Dublin (yay!), but my husband and I also spent a week in Dublin looking at houses to buy!

I won't bore you with too many details, as this trip was all business: appointment and open house viewings, meetings with estate agents and our solicitor and Jason's employer... We did, however, take a little time out to enjoy the spectacular beauty of basically everywhere we went. You can also tell from these pictures that we got an inordinate amount of sun, which started out pleasant and ended in extreme sunburn. :P

Beach in Howth

another shot on the Howth cliff walk - before the sunburn!

walking along the wooden bridge to Bull Island

Park in Rathfarnham

on the beach looking up at Bray Head

looking down on the strand from the Bray Head cliff walk

seaview in Shankill

Bottom line: We found a couple of houses at different price points that we really like, and we're waiting to hear back from our financial advisor about what we can realistically afford to buy. From there, we either make an offer on one of those houses, or we go back to Dublin again and bring Jason's parents in tow this time for advice. If we still don't find anything we like, then we opt for an apartment - which we may very well do in the interim even if we buy, since apparently the property buying process takes much longer in Ireland than in the US. It seems crazy that Jason and I will be living in Dublin in just a few short months!

No comments:

Post a Comment