02 May 2013

work-appropriate pleather?


Possibly as a throwback to my weirder teenage years, I love slightly "edgy" pieces, but my favorite way to wear them now is to pair them with something incongruously "sweet." For one thing, it's visually interesting, but I also feel that it captures disparate sides of myself that are otherwise hard to express. 

I was thrilled to find this skirt at Target last fall because, at least in my limited experience, faux-leather skirts that are work-appropriate? Rare. Not that it matters at the moment: not only am I not working (grades submitted = summer!), but I'm not leaving the apartment today after I injured myself running yesterday... just a sore foot, but walking to the mailbox was enough activity for today. :P





cardigan: Kohl's / floral cami: Target / faux leather skirt: Kirna ZabĂȘte for Target, old / earrings: Kohl's / necklace: Kohl's / belt: old

No comments:

Post a Comment