22 May 2013

going baroque



I love dressing for summer. As much as I love layering, there's something so appealing about putting on one single piece and being done with it. Unfortunately, this attitude doesn't lend itself so well to fashion blogging: I might love my dresses, but my outfits are kind of boring. This one isn't really any more interesting than anything else I've worn lately, but I just received this dress in the mail from Target and couldn't wait to show it off. Since I'm really trying not to leave the apartment unless I have to ("outings" almost always mean shopping trips - there is nothing else to do in this town - and I'm without a paycheck at the moment. Kindly ignore the fact that I just referenced buying this dress online recently... :P), that meant posting here! This dress, by the way, is poised to become one of my favorites this summer - in addition to the fun bold print, I love the cut and the lightness of the fabric!

I've also been making progress on a conference proposal I'm currently writing. The conference is on Memory and Trauma in Irish culture, and will be held in Dublin this September (thank heavens for an extended proposal deadline!). Of course, I'm still waiting to see if I will actually be working on my PhD next fall or not, but as the proposal deadline is so soon, I just have to continue with my work in blind optimism for the next few days.


dress: Target - currently on clearance, available in XS - L! / earrings: gift

No comments:

Post a Comment