22 April 2013

.i'm giving up on looking back.


As a student, even one who enjoyed school, I counted down the days until the end of the semester. As a teacher, it's totally crept up on me! This is my last week of classes - not just of the semester, but at my job teaching freshman composition at the University of Kentucky. I'm in the unfortunate position of not knowing what I'll be doing next - I turned down a renewal of my contract since the husband and I are hoping to move to Dublin this summer, but as we have no concrete details yet, it's a big step into the unknown... terrifying to a control freak like myself. But it's Ireland, so I'm a little more open to making myself uncomfortable in the meantime.

Since I'm feeling sentimental about my last week of teaching, I put a little extra thought and effort into my outfit. The dress is nothing special - a cheap, simple black dress I got at Kohl's over a year ago - but the cardigan is a recent acquisition I'm quite excited about. I found it at Goodwill this weekend on a shopping trip with my mom and my cousin (so much fun!), and I loved the pastel floral print so much that I bought it even though it was a size XL! Luckily I'm not totally inept at using a sewing machine, so I was able to alter it to fit me. I know this is a pretty simple outfit, but it feels so me - I wear a lot of black, and a lot of floral prints. Combined with my silver leaf earrings and a Celtic knot necklace that you can't even see in the first photo, I feel completely at home.



dress: Kohl's, old / cardigan: thrifted, $3 / earrings: Sammydress, $2 / belt, bracelet: ? / necklace: gift / shoes: Target, old

No comments:

Post a Comment